Youth in Gangs
Thousands of troubled young people turn to drugs and alcohol as an escape from abuse, poverty, neglect and broken homes.
- 40% of gang members are youth.
- Gangs use children as young as 10 because children under 13 are protected from going to jail.
- Many youth join gangs because they do not have a supportive family.
- Every city in the U.S with a population over 250,000 has gang activity.
- All different races, ethnicities and socioeconomic groups make up gangs
- Being part of a gang involves criminal activity, drugs, violence and can result in jail time or death.
For more Info - Helping Gang Youth
Youth and Alcohol
Approximately 11 million American youth under the age of 21 drink alcohol. Nearly half of them drink to excess.
For More Information: - Youth Alcohol Prevention